Thursday, December 24, 2009

Is there a way to exfoliate your face without using sandpaper or grainy scrubs?

My skin is very sensitive and gets red when I scrub it too harshly, but I also have major flaky skin on my forehead, nose, and chin. Are there any products for sensitive skin that can help remove the flaky skin without harsh scrubbing?Is there a way to exfoliate your face without using sandpaper or grainy scrubs?
dove has a face wash for about $5Is there a way to exfoliate your face without using sandpaper or grainy scrubs?
I used exfoliaters in the past like you, and my skin became very irritated (and many times it would break out into acne). From my experience, the ingredients in the scrubs are too harsh for the skin.





Here is what I do now to reap a similar ';exfoliater'; type of experience for my skin:





1. After cleansing the face (and before moisturizing), use a clean hand sized towel to gently ';buff'; the facial and neck skin in upward circular motions. When you touch your skin and it feels soft, you know you've done the job effectively. You can do this simple technique everyday and it won't irritate your skin.





2. You can also do these techniques 1-2 times a week: Mash an avacado on your face and allow it to stay on your skin for 20-30 minutes. Or, you could mix together honey and straweberries and apply to the face. Let it stay on your skin for 10-20 minutes.





The possibilities are endless, but try these two simple techniques out to see how you like it. Hope this helps!
Proactive works good but is a bit expensive
sand blaster will take care of the skin problem but you won't like the results or pain
I have rosacea and am unable to exfoliate because of the severity of my skin. Eucerin makes wonderful products for people with sensitive skin along with the ability to gently exfoliate. The products can be a little on the high end of your drug store buys but it's helped me to control my condition (and was recommended by my dermatologist)
Microdermabrasion kit for sensitive skin...





Follow with cetaphil cleansers... they are non comodogenic (wont clog your pores) and therefore, easy on the skin.
Try St Ives peach scrub for sensitive skin. I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the only exfoliate I have ever used that works properly. Good Luck!
When you scrub actually you should not be able to feel it working .. like st Ive's and harsh stuff like that can give you broken capillaries if you are not wanted to buy something expensive i would just buy some exfoliating gloves and use a gel scrub ... good luck
I have been using baking soda mixed with a face wash (I use a Nivea liquid cream because it doesn't dry my face out) for about 15 years now. It beats everything I've ever used, including commercial (expensive) products. I've tried sugar, salt, oatmeal, etc., and have found that baking soda is kinder to the face and gives me great results and is very inexpensive. I do this twice a week in the shower. Good Luck!
Yea try the Buf Puf. Its an exfoliating pad that you can use to GENTLY exfoliate your skin. Its not too rough. I use it and I have sensitive/dry skin also. You can get it at walmart for about $3.00. Make sure you use a moisturizer after that or you skin will be really tight and dry and it will start to flake.





Hope this helps.
I foundl that using a 1%BHA cream meant that I could use things on my face that would normally irrotate my skin and not see any irrotation at all but if I stopped using it then the irrotation would return. Paula's Choice do a good one, you have to make sure it is the right ph level to work. BHA is intended to stimulate cell renewal.





I used to suffer from occasional dry flaky and uneven spells but since I've been using it I've been fine.
olive oil with sugar.
There are terrific products out there on the market specifically designed for sensitive skin.





Biotherm is an awesome product, it's unscented, but very expensive too, so if cost is a factor, you could try other cheaper products mentioned further on as you read this.





Stay away from heavily scented creams for your face as they generally have a high content of alcohol in them, and this is a drying factor for your skin.





There is many household items you could try as well, cheap, efficient, and work great.





Try an oatmeal and milk scrub, yes, mix oatmeal with milk, portion the amount to the size of your face, and mix together, apply and leave for 20 minutes, rinse well with lukewarm water, and presto, a nice clean face.





Always apply a good moisturizer, such as almay, biotherm, roc, clinique, but always unscented.





Good luck.
You could use MATIS peeling cream for delicate %26amp; sensitie skin,


or mix 1 table spoon of brown sugar and almond oil, and do a massage to the area,but not to stong.
Its great to exfoliate, however in your case...maybe you should let your skin rest a little? And instead put moisturizer on your face because the scrubs and even washing your face with soap will dry out your skin (even more so during the colder months of the year) so, go look for a daily face lotion for sensitive skin. I know that Clinque has some great products for sensitive skin and even Dove has a really great line of daily products that are sensitve and gentle enough to use on daily basis....Oh and breaks from all this stuff is good for your skin....all the chemicals might be drying our your skin. If you still have problems....go to your local health food store...maybe they can find you something more natural and less harsh on your skin.


Hope this helps !

No comments:

Post a Comment