Sunday, December 20, 2009

What is the Best Way to Exfoliate Dry, Ashy Skin Before Moisturizing?

I have dry, rough, ashy elbows and ankles, and I'm wondering which at-home method of exfoliation would be best before putting on lotion or Vaseline.


Actually, if anyone knows how to get and keep nice looking elbows and ankles, that would be great.What is the Best Way to Exfoliate Dry, Ashy Skin Before Moisturizing?
well, is ur face very dry? i recommend using facial masks with olive oil.


always use lots and lots of lotion to keep your face moisturized. u can rub a little olive oil on your elbows too. hope this helps!!What is the Best Way to Exfoliate Dry, Ashy Skin Before Moisturizing?
I use a homemade body scrub I make with:


- 1 part cider vinegar / lemon juice (to balance pH level of skin and kills pathogens, do not use white vinegar, it is too harsh on skin)


- 1 part green tea (antioxidant)


- 1 part honey / Aloe Vera, can be just juice or pureed (for moisturizing skin)


- 8 parts granulated sugar / crushed by hand or processed oatmeal with food processor (to exfoliate skin)





I use a tablespoon to measure the ingredients, then I mix it into a storage cup and place it into the refrigerator when not in use and it can be stored in the fridge for about a month. I use the scrub when I take a shower, and I would apply the scrub to my skin and work in circular motions and I rinse it off with water. After rinsing and drying your skin, moisturize.
Try using Dr Hess Udder Ointment found at www.udderointment.com. It is really, really good and works really well on dry skin. I used it on all my kids and use it on myself as well for any skin dryness, eczema, chafing etc. I get really dry arms in the winter and it clears it overnight. Subscribe to their email list and they will also send you a 20% coupon for your first order! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment