Monday, December 28, 2009

How often should I exfoliate my face?

I use St Ives Apricot Scrub about once a week... wondering if this is too harsh on my skin? How often do you use a scrub?How often should I exfoliate my face?
Products that exfoliate are different in the intensity of the abrasion. Some are more gentle than others. They can actually make your break out at first, as they open up the pores and draw out the toxins and dirt. The harsher ones can rip up your fragile skin, and your skin needs more time to ';heal'; between exfoliating.


I've found a balance using a gentle exfoliant every other day, I use oatmeal ';soap'; regularly. If I've been working in a dirty setting, landscaping/gardening/ cleaning the chimney or sweating a lot, I use a slightly more aggressive one, but only sparingly, once every 10-14 days. Between the two, I've found my skin to be more radiant, without being damaged.


I happen to use Olay products, because it works for me and I often find them 50-75% off in the markdown bins. I stock up so that I never have to pay full price.





It also depends on how old you are. I'm not young, so I have to be careful because our ability to heal wanes with age. It took me a couple of weeks to find a balance that worked for me. I tried cheap products, but they were kind of abrasive and made my skin sting. Instead of throwing them away, I used them on my feet.





These products can be very expensive - try the medium level or store brand, often the difference is in the packaging and not the product itself. Compare the ingredient labels. Good luck!How often should I exfoliate my face?
Humans shed their skin about every 28 days. You should not need to exfoliate more than once a month. Doing it more can cause over production of skin cells, which can cause a grainy feel and appearance to the delicate facial skin.





Exfoliate only once a month and use sunscreen every day on your face!!
My grandma uses St. Ives Apricot Scrub! I think she uses it once a week too! (im only 11 and she lives with me and my parents and my sisters) I think once a week is great! if it isnt turning out right, do it once or twice a month. Neutrogena has great products if you decide not to use the St. Ives scrub


Have a nice day!


=D
No once a week is how often you should exfoliate so you can get rid of makeup and other things that clog pores. However if the bottle says ';can be used daily'; you can use it as often as you'd like.
That can be a very harsh scrub... I would use that once per week.





If you decide to switch scrubs, Nuetrogena has a lot of great products.
not more than once a week cause your skin will become too dry. I used to go to a beautician and they used to tell me to do this :)
If it becomes to harsh on your skin you should only use it once a week.
To prevent dry skin, only do it once or twice a week
  • myspace.com music
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment