Sunday, December 20, 2009

What is the proper way to exfoliate the face? If you are a guy and shave do you still need to exfoliate?

I've heard so many different ways with contradictions for all of them. Should you use cleansers with beads or not? Sea salt or not? Acids or not? How many times a week?What is the proper way to exfoliate the face? If you are a guy and shave do you still need to exfoliate?
Use an exfoliator that you feel works for you. I prefer the Lactic acid exfoliators but I used to really love the ones with beads. I loved Aveeno Daily Brightening Scrub. If you have a problem with in-grown hairs when you shave then exfoliating after you shave will help with that. Also washing your face with a cleanser that has salicylic acid will also help prevent that. Find an exfoliator that you like with salicylic acid and you will have great, soft skin!What is the proper way to exfoliate the face? If you are a guy and shave do you still need to exfoliate?
I never heard of cleansers with beads, sea salt or acids.





When a guy shaves his face with a shaver (with blade) he exfoliates that part of his face. When a female shaves her legs she exfoliates her legs. There used to be loofas that a person could use on their body to exfoliate dead skin, there are also soft brushes for the body, and there are bars of soap (avon used to make an exfoliator). I prefer ';Apricot Scrub by St. Ives'; because it makes your face and body feel sooooo soft after using it, and I use it every 3 or 4 months like a soap during my bath.
yes, when a guy shaves with a bladed razor, the part of his face that he shaves is exfoliated...but the rest of the face/skin is not exfoliated, so those areas would still need to be done.
I'll give you an answer from experience... Exfoliate every night with St. Ives Gentle Hypoallergenic Apricot Scrub. It's gentle enough to use every day and it won't dry out your skin. I swear by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment