Sunday, December 20, 2009

How can I make a sugar scrub to exfoliate my skin? Can i add salt and olive oil to it?

I want to put it all together in a regular bottle, I know sugar hardens but if I put it in warm water, it would soften right?How can I make a sugar scrub to exfoliate my skin? Can i add salt and olive oil to it?
never use salt on your face. It is far too drying. You will have to make a batch right before every use because I think the sugar will dissolve in a homemade and not commercial scrub. Brown sugar works really well and for your face just add a little water. For your body, olive oil will be wonderful, just make sure you have a plastic bath mat in the tub because the olive oil will coat the bottom and you will slip and injure yourself. I like putting a few drops of essential oil in my scrubs. Either grapefruit for morning or lavender for night.How can I make a sugar scrub to exfoliate my skin? Can i add salt and olive oil to it?
sugar and salt scrub:





sugar:





ur fav lotion+ sugar+olive oil





salt:





ur fav lotion+salt+sesame oil
i use sesame oil and sugar and vanilla flavor. mine doesnt harden.
yeah It would





put it in a glass jar and mix it together. scoop it out when you need it. salt is detoxifying while being exfoliating, olive oil to moisturize and sugar is nice andsoftening I prefer brown sugar coz it smells nice and warm and makes me feel pretty





Put in equal parts brown sugar and salt. Then mix in enough olive oil, so that it is a consistency that can be scooped out. not too much that the consistency is much more liquid and not too little that it isn't scoopable and is more of a bath salt.





I like to use cheaper canola oil and mix it with olive oil. coz olive oil is expensive but canola is alot cheaper. but both are cheaper than origins bath scrub that costs a fair bit less to make than it costs to purchase. I like utting in lots of flavors. I like the warmth from the brown sugar. It smells sweet





- i use this for the body





for the face I use honey and cornmeal and I add very little cornmeal... salt is too rough for the face....
I just bought sea salt body scrub from the bath and body workshop today.


sea salt is the best scrub to use, not sugar but you can use sugar if you waant.

No comments:

Post a Comment