Sunday, December 20, 2009

Exfoliate?

what does this mean? I know u use like a weird rough thingo and it gets off dead skin n stuff but how do u use it? do u use soap too? is it good for pimples????? any tips would be great!!





oh and 10 points is awarded.Exfoliate?
Exfoliating gets rid of dead skin cells - it leaves your skin feeling really soft! I like St Ives Apricot scrub - it has bits of walnut shell in it which are the exfoliant; I use it a couple of times a week instead of my normal cleanser. There's a medicated version of the same scrub which would probably be better for pimples, as it'll kill bacteria which can cause pimples.Exfoliate?
Exfoliating is a process by which dead skin is scrubbed off to encourage skin cell rejuvination [the creation of new skin cells] and to dig out dirt/oils from the pores. There are several different methods: exfoliating scrubs with synthetic [smooth] beads, exfoliating scrubs with natural exfoliants [i.e. apriocot scrub], or the use of loofahs or other objects to manually scrub the face. Which one you should use depends on your skin type. Exfoliating is something you do before using your regular face wash once or a few days a week. It can help acne, but it can also irritate it if you overdo it.





I strongly suggest Mac's Volcanic Ash Exfoliating Scrub [sold out online at the moment]





Hope that helped!
Pretty much it's taking a layer of dead skin off your face.


I use a face peel and it works lovely.


=]


I'm not sure if it works for pimples though, my guess would be yes since it helps *me at least* with oily skin

No comments:

Post a Comment